Blog 5

There are a variety of online platforms with a wide range of users. I personally would choose the ones that are the most interesting and suitable for me. With the development of technology, social media sites are becoming significant components in which people can obtain updated news and education. Both online and offline networks are essential for people to expand their PLN around them. I personally agree that  in person communications usually tend to be more effective and in-depth in creating bonds between people comparing to online networks. However, online networks undoubtedly play an important role in today’s society. For example, Youtube is a very important source for learners to obtain knowledge related to their field. There are a variety of tutorials from professionals for people to review and learn from at a low or zero cost.  Youtube is my best friend and I personally listen to it on a very frequent basis. In addition, Twitter is another effective platform where people can expand their PLN. users are able to follow the accounts which they are interested in, as well as commenting the posts and receiving followers back. For instance, when people share their thoughts on social media, it sometimes can attract others who also share similar interests. great contents are also a factor to make interactions.

While participating in PLN,  some concerns may arise with respect to privacy and security. The consequences of fraudulent activities could have significant negative impacts on people’s personal life. The exposure of personal information online may also result in serious safety and security issues. Moreover, Cyber violence should also be considered when interacting with others online. language abuses could lead to some mental health issues such as depression. In conclusion, people should be careful when participating in online networks in order to benefit from them and avoid any losses.

1. vinceyue

Great job! I totally agree with your point about the online networks undoubtedly play an important role in today’s society. I also use YouTebe for studying purpose. People should pay attention to what they say on they internet.